- Geography (offshore vs. onshore)
- Skill requirement for job: commodity (Java) vs. specialized (ERP, Agile/XP)
- Role type (PM/BA/Dev/Arch/Tester)
- Experience/proficiency (years/certifications)
- Relevance to primary business line (bottom line) e.g. enterprise IT vs. companies where software is primary business - Apple/Microsoft/Oracle/SAP/etc.
- Industry (e.g. Financial services pay more)
- Breadth of skills (# technologies, what else do you bring to the table)
- Working conditions (allowed to share learnings outside or not, Flexibility: Work from home, etc.)
- Quality/Attractiveness of work type/brand
Dec 2, 2010
Which factors impact software professional compensation?
My notes... Anything else?